It has been a week of BETA and it has been a week of many changes, adjustments and so much more. We've laughed and cried, Loved and hated, Tinkered and thought. Path of Classic has grown to an bigger Community than what we had initially. And it does not go without saying, just how happy we the staff team are for seeing so many new faces join in on the task to create the most enjoyable and unique World of Warcraft Private Server.
We have heard you and we agree that we yet have many issues we still face and that we have to work on in order to properly push out a product that hopefully one day a lot of people can get the chance to play and love. You guys are absolutely right and we agree with you one hundred percent. And with that being said, we are now rebranding Path of Classic as an ALPHA stage project. Instead of the supposingly BETA stage project we initially had set upon the time that Firemaw went live. You guys have seen things that probably have never been the case on any other private server(s). But they have been unique bugs and issues, some of them really funny. We will continue to work our way through your reports and ensure that they are dealt with accordingly.
But i do believe it is fair to say that Path of Classic has never been more Classic until now. We are now seeing core mechanics and major things being tuned to a point where it somewhat replicates the very first stage of World of Warcraft but in a more quality of life filled environment. We have made amazing progression on our over all game design and many of the reported places have been completely reformed and redone from the very bottom. We obviously still have a long way to go. This is a massive game and we are only a few people at deck to prepare changes and updates.
We have also hired up more Staff to aid the need for faster changes and or game corrections. We welcome these new faces onto the team and are very excited for what they can benefit us with in the future of Path of Classic. We are also learning new things all the time and we as a team are also trying our outmost best to improve on the quality we are to provide you. We are evolving and experiencing. While we may do mistakes i hope you understand and give us some time to try and improve ourselves. We are afterall just humans :)
We like to dedicate a part of the Devblog Post to thank you The Community for everything you guys/gals have done and are doing. We cannot adresse how happy and thankful we are. With the issues and bugs you encounter today will help us form a game for the future. And you guys are doing so much in terms of providing us information and feedback and just genuinly someone to talk to and this we are very thankful for. We've probably got the coolest hobby job in the world and are given the chance to serve you as game providers.
So again! Thank you.
I'd love to continue our Devblog Tradition by presenting the changes from last Devblog to this Devblog. All of this is fetched from our Changelogs channel on our Discord
[Game / Creature]
Removed the Cataclysm Version of Captain Cookie and spawned the Classic Cookie Version back into The Deadmines.
- Explosive Stockpile no longer rewards XP and are no longer killable by the player.
- Fixed an issue where some Hyenas in Southern Barrens would be invisible and continue to attack player.
- Removed 4 Spawns of creature Crazed Cultists (lvl 84 mobs) in Stormwind City.
- Removed a duplicate of Gorefang and gave the original one a proper path to walk around the area.
- Resolved an issue where some NPCs in Teldrassil would equip Brutal / Cataclysm weapons as a part of their equipment.
- Cleaned up the Teldrassil zone as a whole for duplications and incorrect spawns.
- Fixed an issue where Nightsaber Stalker and Nightsaber would drop [Khadgar's Whisker](s) upon being skinned. which is an herb.
- Loch Modan have been cleaned and quality control checked for Dupes and Incorrect Creature Spawns.
- Fixed an issue where The Direglob would not attack the player upon being attacked.
- Gave Greater Duskbat its proper size, speed and inhabittype.
- Cleaned up Andorhals and the surrounding areas for dupes and incorrect creature spawns.
- Cleared Booty Bay for incorrect creature spawns and performed a general cleanup.
- Replaced the auctionhouse NPCs in major cities with Crossfaction ones from Booty Bay.
- Cleaned up the Temple of Atal'Hakkar and gave it a proper design.
- Cleaned up Burning Steppes and removed Duplicates and other incorrect creature/object spawns.
- Cleaned up Hillsbrad Foothills and removed Duplicates and other incorrect creature/object spawns.
- Removed Jadefire Imp's loot table data. It shouldn't have any in the first place.
- Added a missing Spirit Healer in Orgrimmar.
- All Non-Elite Creatures [NORMAL] were given a damage increasment of 25% and their health increased by 40%
- All Elite, Rare, EliteRare and Worldbosses were given a damage increasment of 15% and their health increased by 20%
- Players are no longer required to spend honor on the PvP Gear during the duration of BETA/ALPHA and will be sold the PvP Gear for gold.
- Druid Trainer has been added in Valley of Trials as Druid Trolls were missing this trainer from their starting area.
- Increased Firemaws Run/Fly Speed and gave him his proper path in BWL.
- Added several Krom'gar Peons to the Windshear Mines to sustain the need to slay 25 Krom'gar Peons within the Quest.
- Hargen Bronzewing will no longer send you an mail once you hit 60 regarding Flying Mounts.
- Searing Flame (lvl 85 Creature) has been removed from the game.
- Removed multiple trigger NPCs that are not suppose to be there from Nijel's Point
- Cleaned up Nijel's Point. it should be in a much better state now.
- Fixed an issue where the Innkeeper in Nijel's Point wouldn't let players set their hearthstone there.
- Removed lvl 85 Guards from Nijel's Point and replaced with lower level ones.
- Removed Brother Anton from Nijel's Point and ensured his existance at Cords 62 /91 // Also gave near creatures the ability to walk around at random as they are suppose to.
- Cleaned up Elwynn Forest and removed Duplicates and other incorrect creature/object spawns.
- Cleaned up Duskwood and removed Duplicates and other incorrect creature/object spawns.
- Cleaned up Tirisfal Glades and removed Duplicates and other incorrect creature/object spawns.
- Cleaned up Burning Steppes and removed Duplicates and other incorrect creature/object spawns.
- Deadwind Pass was purged for TBC Related creatures.
- Fixed an issue where Blackrock Battle Worg in Northshire would spawn with 10 Health Points instead of their Max Health of 42.
[Service / Website]
- Faction Change and Character Rename was made free for the duration of the Alpha/Beta
[Game / Raid: Molten Core]
- Magmadar's damage was previously at around 5000 to 7000. But now has a basic attack damage output of 1100 to 2200.
- Garr's damage was previously at around 4000 to 7000. But now has a basic attack damage output of 1019 to 2100
- Shazzrah's damage was previously at around 3000 to 4500. But now has a basic attack damage output of 1200 to 2200
- Baron Geddon's damage was previously at around 3000 to 7000. But now has a basic attack damage output of 1358 to 2500
- Sulfuron Harbinger's damage was previously at around 5000 to 9000. But now has a basic attack damage output of 2900 to 3350
- Golemagg the Incinerator's damage was previously at around 4646 to 7124. But now has a basic attack damage output of 1700 to 2800
[Game / Dungeon: The Deadmines]
- Removed all of the Monkeys in the Deadmines and the objects related to them.
- Altered some of the early creature design of the dungeon
- Helix is no longer the second boss and was replaced by the Classic Boss "Sneed's Shredder"
- All doors up to the final room was removed (Except the door opening the Final Room)
- Redesigned the Goblin Foundry to its Classic Design with the Classic Creatures.
- Foe Reaper 5000 is no longer the third boss and was replaced with Gilnid which was the Classic Boss.
- Deadmines was over all cleaned for improper creature/object spawns and any duplication should be gone.
- Fixed an issue with the last boss (Riplsnarl) in the Deadmines where he would use a Heroic Ability which would result in an instant oneshot of the group.
[Game / Dungeon]
- Upper Blackrock Spire was cleaned and should now be in a much better shape. A lot of its core design was modified or entirely changed to enhance the feel of it and make it harder in some areas.
- Stratholme Live and UD was cleaned and should now be in a much better shape. A lot of its core design was modified or entirely changed to enhance the feel of it and make it harder in some areas.
- Fixed several issues within Shadowfang Keep, Removed all instances where creatures would drop 80 silver+ [Heroic Cash Drop] and removed all Heroic related spells from occuring in boss fights.
- Blackfathom Deeps have been cleaned and quality control checked. (Some work still remains)
- Gnomeregan have been cleaned and quality control checked.
- Razorfen Kraul have been cleaned and quality control checked.
- Scarlet Monestary (Graveryard, Library, Armory and Cathedral) have been cleaned and quality control checked.
[Game / Item]
- Head of Bangalash was given a 100% Drop Chance instead of its original 81%
- Glowerglare's Beard was given a 100% Drop Chance instead of its original 90%
- Gobbler's Head now has a 100% Drop Chance instead of its original 80%
- Sealed Folder now has a 100% Drop Chance instead of its previous 96%
- Otto's Head, Falconcrest's Head and Marez's Head now has a 100% Drop Chance instead of its previous 61%, 65% and 49%.
- Bellygrub's Tusk now has a 100% Drop Chance instead of its previous 71%
- Direglob's Quest item now has a 100% Drop Chance.
- Removed Cataclysm Recipes from NPC Kaita Deepforge which is a Vendor in Stormwind.
- Improvements for quest item drops. A change that affected over 6500 creatures with quest loot.
- New Legendary item Nefarian's Dragonscale Pouch (36 Slots) has been added to the game and will be obtainable from Nefarian at a drop chance of 1% (Subject to change) | In the Duration of ALPHA/BETA it has been given to the player for 10g to aid the players with Bag Space.
[Game / Object]
- Removed 2 Object Spawns of [TEMP the care in the center of Nortridge Lumber Mill] They are spawned but have no purpose in the game.
- Fixed an issue with several chests in Teldrassil giving little to no loot at all.
[Game / Quest]
- Fixed an issue with quest [Remembrance of Auberdine] where it was missing some completion text.
- Quest item on quest [Counterattack!] Will no longer be spawned in a clickable banner chest. But instead drop directly off Krom'zar.
- Quest [Mor'shan Defense] was completely redesigned and should now be completable and be in a proper state.
[Game / Misc]
Killstreak announcer no longer announces kill for each 5th kill. Instead will only announce for every 20th kill (Wrecking Ball Achievement Like)
- Guild XP Rates were raised to 4x instead of 0.25x to align in with the current XP Rates of Players.
- Max Honor Points and Justice Points were raised from 4000 to 10.000 (Modernization Change which should've happen a long time ago)
- Item Quality Poor (Gray) was increased by 40%
- Item Quality Normal (White) was increased by 30%
- Item Quality Uncommon (Green) was increased by 20%
- Item Quality Rare (Blue) was increased by 10%
- Item Quality Epic (Purple) was increased by 5%
- Crafting Gray item with Professions was given a 10% chance to grant a skillpoint increasment.
- All Flight Points were unlocked for the character of Firemaw and newly created characters for the duration of the ALPHA/BETA
- Professions Rates were increased to 3x instead of 1x for the duration of the ALPHA/BETA
- XP Rates were increased to 4x instead of 2.5x for the duration of the ALPHA/BETA - Community Decided.
- Crossfaction LFG/RDF has been implemented for the duration of the ALPHA/BETA
- Crossfaction Auctions has been implemented for the duration of the ALPHA/BETA
- Guild Petitions only requires 1 sign to form a guild instead of 4.
[Game / Classes]
Warriors were given the spells Rallying Cry at level 53, Shattering Throw at level 55 and Spell Reflection at level 56
- Druids have been given the spells Lacerate at level 54, Maim at level 56, Healing Touch at level 58 and Tranquility at level 60.
- Hunters have been given the spells Aspect of the Wild at level 54, Snake Trap at level 56 and Master's Call at level 58.
- Rogues have been given the spells Deadly Throw at level 54, Fan of Knives at level 56 and Redirect at level 58.
- Priests have been given the spells Mind Sear at level 54, Leap of Faith at leve 56 and Hymn of Hope at level 58.
- Shamans have been given the spells Elemental Resistance Totem at level 54, Hex at level 56 and Totem of Tranquil Mind at level 58.
- Mages have been given the spells Spellsteal at level 54 and Mage Armor at level 56.
- Warlocks have been given the spell Incinerate at level 54.
- Druids are no longer able to learn Flight Form at level 60.
Once again, Thank you for your continued support to Path of Classic. We are excited for the future of this project and the immense amount of changes that are to come.
Much love, Yours truly!
- The Path of Classic Team.