Path of Classic
Get ready, as the future seems dark. A spark of light motivates Path of Classic to rise from the ashes of its seemingly announced cancellement.
Prepare yourself. Path of Classic is becoming a reality and it is hurling at us at godspeed.
Path of Classic will be based on WoTLK. You may ask: But what happened to Cataclysm?
Don't worry, Cataclysm PoC is going to be pushed back into a long-term deep development stage.
So we will still see Cataclysm PoC one day? Yes, when everything is working as intended. We will announce further news and plans for that part of the project.
The main idea and future of Path of Classic will be as follows. Wrath of the Lich King will eventually lead up to Cataclysm. Acting as an Aid-Package.
However, in order to have the capability of releasing Path of Classic at all in the near future and not having to waste months if not years on perhaps pointless development. We’ve decided to take this route. Which in the long-term has a safer end-result for both platform concepts.
Transparency is one of our main goals to achieve within the Community aspects of Path of Classic. Thus we will not deny the fact that even Cataclysm is proving to become a heavy development task. We see constantly that the main lack of resources is Developers, thus we figured out a better long-term plan that would in the end help us achieve the goal for a Path of Classic realm concept running on the Cataclysm Engine. Even though we did switch to Cataclysm to ensure top notch quality and performance in the first place and to rule out these issues we seemingly yet are facing once again.
The major change for you as a player within the Path of Classic Community is the fact that we switch Engines from Cataclysm to Wrath of the Lich King. Which is a much more developed environment as well as a more stable and better environment. For you as a player and for us as server operators.
The concept of Path of Classic will remain very much the same. We will release the content the exact same way as planned before. We will still be doing everything we previously had planned. So in this term, not a lot of things change. Should you have more questions related to this topic then we do encourage you to reach out to us within the #general channel of our Discord Server
It is also worth mentioning that all financial gains or gatherings for the cause of Path of Classic will be utilized in the quest to ensure that Path of Classic on the Cataclysm Engine will endure and see daylight. Meaning that all donations will be evenly distributed between host bills and the future development of the Cataclysm Engine.
What will WoTLK Path of Classic offer you?
• Adjustable XP rate 1-10, We will offer 1x as well as we are comfortable that our Wrath Core is more than playable and in a near perfected state per the vanilla content (And beyond…)
• The content will be released as it was planned for Cataclysm Path of Classic.
• Professions and Reputation Rates will be set at 3x in order to give you guys a rapid and fast paced process of gaining max skills and reputation within Professions and Reputation
• Spells will be auto-learned upon leveling. Meaning you will no longer have to visit your trainer every other level. (Mount skill at level 20 will also be free and auto-learned, You will still have to purchase the mount and paladins & warlocks will still have to visit their trainer(s) to learn this)
• Mechanic adjustments and modifications done to both dungeon, raid and world boss encounters.
• Quality of Life changes from Cataclysm and later expansions.
• Leveling experience like never seen before. Lay your expectations high. Quality is and will be ensured!
• A modern approach to Vanilla-like gameplay.
You may be questioning. When can we expect some sort of Alpha or Beta? And the simple answer to that is. For the time being, this is unknown. But this has sparked more motivation and energy for the project. Thus we cannot really explain whether things will go fast or slow. But we are rooting for very fast. And we will accordingly provide information when an Alpha / Beta is around the corner.
Yours Truly, The Path of Classic Staff.